Woodford Bourne Free Font Family is a brand new 19th-century grotesque typeface. The design is a tribute to the historic stone cast type in the building façades of the former Woodford, Bourne & Co. in Cork City, Ireland. For many years I had admired the type’s simplicity and strength, so I decided to faithfully reproduce those letters and expand them to a fully working font with 500 glyphs per case.
A key feature of Woodford Bourne is the ability to change the feel of your typography with just one click. Switch from contemporary to vintage style by selecting “Stylistic Set 1” – this gives Woodford Bourne a unique versatility which I am sure you will enjoy playing with your designs.
It is a solid, reliable “workhorse” font family that reproduces well at all sizes… it’s also great for branding and identities.
• Woodford Bourne is a vintage geometric sans, optically adjusted for improved aesthetics and legibility
• Rounded corners soften its appearance, making for a “friendly face”
• 2 FONTS IN 1 – Use contemporary character set, or switch to vintage style with stylistic sets
• 9 Weights in Roman and Italic: Hairline, Thin, Light, Regular, Medium, SemiBold, Bold, Black, and Ultra
• Full European character set
• 500 glyphs per case
Thin, Thin Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic are free for personal use only.
Designed by Paulo Goode
Try this font
Inside: OTF Size: 486 Kb